Friday, July 24, 2009

10 things you love about me


The rules are:
1. List 10 honest things about yourself that your blogging friends do not know about you.
2. Give the award away to 7 bloggers.
3. Let them know they've received the award.


1. I am extremely thrifty and often proud of it! Why waste money if you can just be smarter with it. Growing up with my dad being a financial planner, I learned to save and often didn't know exactly what I was even saving for. I learned real quick after putting myself through school (without acquiring loans) ... that saving paid off, and I am extremely thankful to have the influence early on to help wire me the way I am.

2. Don't get me wrong, I splurge on nice things and have a love for classic pieces that last an eternity. I am like any other girl who feels beautiful in designer jeans, purses, heels, etc, but my love for jewelry tops the list. It all began while working at Bailey Banks and Biddle in college, and it was about time to start a career and get out of the jewelry industry because I was buying myself way too many gorgeous things!

3. I say "mmmmm" in an overly dramatic way when I taste something scrumptious.

4. My biggest pet peeve is people driving in the left lane on the highway going the speed limit, or even worse, UNDER the speed limit. The left lane is for passing people and not cruising!!! Speaking of, Washington has started giving people warnings for driving in the left lane and even ticketing $124! It's about time. We need enforced laws like we did in Texas, "Keep Right Unless Passing."

5. I love a spotless house, but do not enjoy cleaning. It doesn't come very easy to me, and I hate the feeling after washing dishes and your hands are dry. I need a pair of these like my Grandmother uses. I would like a maid, but realistically don't want to pay for one (being thrifty and all) ... but one day, when I have a house that is ours, I will splurge on one :)

6. My favorite genre movie would be action, action, and more action. I often fall asleep in movies, so these loud action-packed movies keep me awake. Plus, growing up, my Mom was a flight attendant and would often be out of town on the weekends, and Dad would always take my brother and I to the movie store. My vote for a chick-flicks were always overruled, so I learned to love movies like Bad Boys, Transporters, The Bourne Identity, Man on Fire, 007 (and all other James Bond movies), SWAT, Iron Man, Taken, and the list goes on and on.

7. I have never smoked a cigarette and never plan to. Google Chantix :)

8. I have worked since I was 14 years old and truly enjoyed every bit of it. I graduated school in three years because I wanted to be out in the working world. It's not all about getting a paycheck, but more importantly I need to staying busy. My past jobs have been nannying (which I miss), working at The Gymnastics Place, The Hackers Tour (golf tournament company), Pappagallo Boutique, Fitness Evolution (Personal Trainer), Bailey Banks and Bidddle, and now here I am with Pfizer.

9. I am a pretty picky eater, but have gotten much better in my "olden years." You will find me most often eating off a kids menu because I don't like wasting food and majority of the time the kids meal is more than enough. I think to myself, "What ten year old could eat all this!!!"

10. Last, but not least, I am addicted to Crossfit. It is an up-and-coming workout regimen that is all of the sudden huge in most large cities. It is the most intense workout, and I will never be able to go to a "big box gym" as CF people call it (LA Fitness, 24-hr Fitness, Lifetime, etc). Most workouts vary anywhere from 15-25 minutes without rest and everyday has a completely new WOD (Workout of the Day). A quote I love that is posted all over Crossfit clothing, "Our warm up is your workout!!" Remember back to this post?


I tag:



3 comments:

Jen said...

How fun! I just put my 10 up!


10 Things!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you consider yourself a picky eater!!! :)

Ramirez Family said...

I like this post...the more and more I read of your blog I realize we are soo much alike. After my wedding is over, I will start posting more interesting things like you do ;)

I want to start doing "about me", "recipe of the week", "wish list", etc etc.

xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails



Harley the Yorkie

Willis the Lhasa Apso mut

Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Popular Deals


Search Seattle Smith's