Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Adventure to Eastern WA

Gabe was invited last minute to fill a spot of an injured player in Hoopfest with two guys he plays with regularly in league games at LA Fitness, and he happily said yes. I decided to venture out east to Spokane since I have never been before and tag along for the world known 3 on 3 tournament! The entire city shuts down with 400 courts spanning 40 downtown blocks, and approximately 200,000 fans and players participating in some kind of way. I thought it would be fun to have Mollie and Marissa come along and keep me company. When I invited Molls on the trip, she was like, "Isn't it going to be weird being the third wheel?" It wasn't like that at all .... and I would have been offended if she went off and left us :)


Gorgeous view driving to Spokane

Marissa, me, Mollie on Day 1

It was mid 80's, but felt much warmer being on the black cement,
so we made a trip to the ice cream truck for a refreshment.
**I learned I love Rocket Pops!!

Dinner after a long day in the sun
(Mom you would be proud of me wearing 80SPF)

Walking through Downtown Spokane


We then stumbled upon the Davenport Hotel,
a Spokane highlight built in 1914 and restored since.

It was absolutely classy and gorgeous.
Gabe had a grand ole' time serenading us on the piano!



I had too many pictures to add from the entire weekend, so I will post the rest of the weekend on another entry! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails



Harley the Yorkie

Willis the Lhasa Apso mut

Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Popular Deals


Search Seattle Smith's