Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Friends and more friends

Gabe and I were able to do our favorite things while we were in town:  spend time with family, see our best friends, eat amazing Mexican food, and soak up the sun in between the indecisive weather.  We went to dinner with Ryan (Gabe's brother), his wife April, and good friend Adam at Manny's in the Uptown area.  This use to be a favorite of mine, so it is always fun to stop by my old stomping grounds and chow down on some chips and queso!  Did you know we don't have queso in Washington???  If you were to attempt to order chips and queso, the waiter would stare at you and look as if you are talking to them in Russian, and then most likely they would bring you a cup of shredded cheese, hah!  Washington Mexican food just isn't the same as what I grew up eating, so we always have to eat it the real thang' every chance we can.  


Oh, and I also got the pleasure of eating TACO BUENO Sunday evening as on of my last meals before leaving town, and it was sooo good, as always!!!  Is it normal to get this excited and look forward to eating all my favorite places ... each and every visit?!


                                                                  Ryan, Adam, and Gabe                                                                                                                                                 

April and Me


Then, the second highlight was meeting my best friends baby, Colt!  I have to admit that he might be the most studly eight week old baby dressed in a gorgeous Burberry sweater.  Can you see our excitement from Abby's face?  Just priceless and it never gets old. 
 
He was just as sweet as could be, and I can tell he loves me already :)

Sheryl and my Momma raised us like twins since we were totally inseparable.  I guess that is what happens when you are next door neighbors and nine days apart!  Now, ya'll get to be Grandmothers together.


Abbdae, I am looking forward to seeing you again in just four weeks.  I haven't finished the itinerary yet, but it is definitely in the making.  Keep that baby fat and happy because we don't want a phone call cutting your Seattle getaway short!

1 comment:

Abby said...

What a sweet post Kels!!! I will be there soon! YAY!

Related Posts with Thumbnails



Harley the Yorkie

Willis the Lhasa Apso mut

Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Popular Deals


Search Seattle Smith's