Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas in Dallas

Gabe unfortunately had to stay in Seattle and work since he lost a few days due to our snow last week. The plan was for him to come along, but last minute I decided to take advantage of time off and travel solo. I was constantly "on the go" trying to see both sets of aunts/uncles, grandparents, cousins, friends, and eat at my favorite restaurants that we don't have in Seattle. I was in Dallas for four days and ate at Taco Bueno three times .... which is someone over the top, but I just couldn't get enough of it. It is the one place I wished was right around the corner from my house!

So glad Paw Paw and Granny Gayle stayed an extra day than planned to spend time with me.

Love my new scarf GG!
Griffin loving all the attention.
He was intrigued by my new kitchenware, and who knows, maybe he will become a chef one day.
I made a stop to visit the Brooke family (my Mom's brother) and cannot believe how big the boys are. Daniel, who is 15 and recently got his permit, has surpassed me in height. I don't really notice myself getting older, but realize I am when kids I grew up babysitting are SO big!
Grandmother was in town from Enid, Oklahoma and was staying with Dad's sister, who conveniently lives just minutes away from. I just don't get to see my sweet Grandmother enough ... We ate her famous Italian Creme cake, played Trivial Pursuit like old times, and took advantage of our time together. Next time, I am going to bring the newest version of the game, so I can actually be able to answer a few questions every now and then. I wasn't much help since most of the questions occured before I was born.

Grandmother with her three kiddos - Dad, Tanis, and David (his family is in Houston)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails



Harley the Yorkie

Willis the Lhasa Apso mut

Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Popular Deals


Search Seattle Smith's