Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

I wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!! There are so many things to be thankful for, and it's hard not to recognize all of our blessings during the Holidays. I am so grateful for my husband, all of our family, our health, my job, and more importantly for Jesus dying on the cross!


The last couple days have been a little emotional for me because more than anything I wish I was in Dallas spending the holidays with Gabe and the rest of my family. Since we live so far away, we try to take advantage of every opportunity to get back to Texas and treat the time with everyone as if we haven't been away. I am okay with the fact that this year is different and know there is a reason for all of it to pan out the way it did, but it's still hard for me.


I was making dinner last night and just started balling because it didn't seem like a true "Christmas dinner." Poor guy, he wasn't expecting that at all! Gabe has gone out of his way to be attentive and make this Christmas special for just the two of us. I absolutely love the fact that no matter what happens, we have each other. So, we spent the evening enjoying hot mocha's from his new espresso machine and watched the new Bond movie cuddled on the couch with a fire .


Anyway, here is a fun picture that cheers me up! My sweet family called this morning and sang "We wish you a Merry Christmas." Then, they all passed around the phone, which of course made me cry. You gotta love always being the emotional one .....


Love all of ya'll and maybe I can come next weekend to see all the gang!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And of course your blog entry just made me cry! We love you and it wasn't the same without you! We are crossing our fingers and toes that you get here quick. LOVE

czstout said...

Kelsey,

I just love reading your blog :) So sorry about Christmas! I'm sure you and your hubby had a great time despite not getting out of town! Merry Christmas!

Zipper

Related Posts with Thumbnails



Harley the Yorkie

Willis the Lhasa Apso mut

Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Popular Deals


Search Seattle Smith's