Monday, March 19, 2012

St Pattys Day

My St. Patty's Day started with my favorite morning pick-me-up!  My protein spinach smoothie kick, going on 2 months now consuming every morning.


Many asked the type of protein I use, and we are ON lovers.  I thought I would include a snapshot of my smoothing fixin's, which is always evolving but this is it 90% of the time!

The Seattle Smith's Protein Spinach Smoothie
- 1 cup of Spinach
- 2 tsp Almond Butter
- 2 tsp Greek Yogurt
- 1 splash Almond Milk
- 1 pinch of flax-seed
- 1/2 banana (not pictured)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ice

I personally don't add an abundance of fruit to my smoothies (normally I do include half a banana) as I try to add other nutrition like good fats and proteins in place of berries.  Every now and then I will add a a pear or strawberries since Gabe won't eat!


Second agenda item was to run the St. Patty's Day Dash, 
which I did last year too!


A 3.6 mile trek through Downtown Seattle

My running pacer and crossfit bestie - Haley


I was super pleased with our time as we had a great pace and ran almost 4 miles under 30 minutes!  We were moving in that dreary drizzle :)   Our morning was complete with a great run and ventured over to Einstein Bagels, which is the only location in the NW and my absolute favorite study spot in college.  Their vanilla hazelnut coffee is THE best.

Last stop was WestElm - What a gorgeous store!

I am so excited about my new bedding for the guest bedroom.
(DKOR interiors from WestElm's Fbook - not my room, but my new bedding)

Hope your weekend was perfect.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great weekend! That bedding is really pretty!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

That's awesome - congrats on the run!! And I've been wanting to go check out the West Elm store in person. Love that bedding!

Caroline said...

Love the bedding! And yay for green monsters. Plus you killed the 4 miles. Way to go!

Leigh said...

Awesome job on the run!!

Stephanie Doyle said...

The hubs and I watched a couple food documentaries last night and now are contemplating adding more veggies to our diet, couldn't hurt. But, your smoothie in the morning would be a good first step! Thanks for the recipe!

LWLH said...

Congrats on the run and I love that bedding, very pretty.

Michele said...

Love the bedding! I might be able to sneak some healthy stuff into my husband's diet with that smoothie :) It might be a Texas guy thing--only eating steak and potatoes!

Jax said...

Adore your bedding!! Take a pic when you have it all set up! :) Way to go on the run! 30 minutes?! Goodness gracious! I'm very impressed! Cardio is my WORST thing ever. Seriously. I look at the WOD for the day and if it's lots of 800m runs or something, I groan and start talking myself out of it. I've been working on it (went running tonight actually) but even when I'm "good" at running, I hate it. I dunno what my deal is.. haha.. :)

Jessica said...

Congrats on the run!!

Adrienne said...

I LOVE the bedding! And what a fun, fun weekend! Sounds perfect to me :) I don't think my smoothie is as healthy as yours, I'll have to try some of those ingredients :)

allison said...

Good job with the smoothie routine. I'm just trying to force myself to remember my vitamin and fish oil from now on. I need my brain to start focusing! That bedding is pretty!

Liesl said...

Love, love, loving the guest room bedding! :)

Nicole-Lynn said...

Hey sweet girl! I haven't been by your blog in FOREVER! So good catching up on your blog today and seeing all that you have been up to! Gosh you are doing awesome with Crossfit! Insane! :) Thanks for sharing your smoothie recipe.. how is the protein? I'm looking for something light, not a lot of sugar and calories.

Related Posts with Thumbnails



Harley the Yorkie

Willis the Lhasa Apso mut

Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Popular Deals


Search Seattle Smith's