Friday, March 16, 2012

Foundation Brush

I was recently putting on my makeup in the car and a girlfriend called me out on using a "not so" foundation brush when putting on my Chantecaille foundation!  I didn't think anything of it until I was with another girlfriend and saw her foundation brush.  Apparently, I have been using a baby version and creating so much more work for myself.  Thank goodness for friends to keep in line with beauty!

My shipment just arrived as I just ordered a new Smashbox Foundation #13 brush, so it would match my other brushes.  I'm already in love!!!


           And what a deal to get it on sale on Apothica for $25

Next honest question, how often do you clean your foundation brush?  
After each use, weekly, or not so regularly. 
Happy Friday lovelies!!!


8 comments:

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I clean mine about once every two weeks or so. I tried to make it a regular Sunday habit, but I always forget. I use the MAC makeup brush cleaner but I've heard you can just use like mild soap and water. Do you like that foundation? I use Armani (which I love) right now but I'm interested in trying a new brand. Just seeing what else is out there in the foundation world!

Adrienne said...

It is probably absolutely terrible and against all cardinal rules of make up that I don't use a brush isn't it? I totally use a make-up pad from Walgreens for my foundation. Oops?

undomestic chica said...

This is really gross but I don't even wash it every two weeks. I definitely wash it if I feel like I'm breaking out more and that usually helps everything clear up.

Stephanie Doyle said...

I just switched to a larger foundation brush a few months ago and will never go back. As far as cleaning it... not to regular :/ Maybe every couple weeks?

Meredith said...

I wash mine every other Suday, yes I'm weird I do it on a set day so I don't forget. I need a new one, hmmm may have to try this brand.

Allison said...

I'm a bad person--I don't clean mine hardly ever. I actually stopped using a foundation brush a little while ago and started using my fingers again b/c I decided it was easier with my fingers.

LG said...

I kind of clean my weekly. Depends on how much I have been wearing makeup. I don't wear it every day, since sometimes I am home all day with the boy, so I guess every 5-7 uses of makeup! ha not heavy cleaning tho, just face wash and warm water in the sink

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

For my foundation, I use sponges. I have a brush set for everything else though and I love the MAC ones. Their so expensive though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Harley the Yorkie

Willis the Lhasa Apso mut

Popular Deals

Search Seattle Smith's