Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pure cuteness

A few things make my extra happy right now. 

First off, waking up to these cute cuddle pups (plus hubs of course too). I mean really .... Harley isn't laying NEXT to Willis but instead laying directly over his back, haha!! I love that he lets her too. This is her new thing, and I imagine them sleeping like this when they are home alone all day.



My second joy is my protein spinach smoothie :)
 I make one every morning in my blender: put one scoop of chocolate protein, 2tsp almond butter, 2tsp of Greek yogurt, half a banana, splash of almond milk and water, and a HUGE heap of spinach. It's seriously the yummiest thing ever. I tricked Gabe for 2wks and got him to drink it daily ... Told him it was mint that made it green since he doesn't eat a ton of veggies. Well, then a girlfriend slipped at CrossFit when he was talking about it and he said, "I don't know what makes it that green ... ". She said spinach and felt so bad the secret got out. I didn't even care because he had been enjoying it long enough that he craves it like me every morning. The perfect way to start your morning with protein, veggies, and good fat. Yummmm.

14 comments:

Liesl said...

Love your enthusiasm, so pleasant to stop by you blog! :) Talk about cuteness indeed, and now I'm really wanting a spinach protein shake...sounds yummy and oh so healthy, which I love! Happy Leap Day! :)

Holly said...

Your smoothie sounds yummy. I haven't added almond butter, but may have to find some because it seems to be all the rage.

A girl I went to highschool with has a fun fitness blog you may like with lots of yummy recipes:

www.runningaroundnormal.com

Happy Wednesday!

undomestic mama said...

Oh my goodness, how cute! If I were to get a 2nd dog, I don't think my Yorkie would try and go near it at all.

Caroline said...

I am still afraid of the green monster. I don't know why because I like everything in it. Crazy! And how cute is your pup!

Kate said...

I make this smoothie also, but include almond milk instead of water. Anyhow, what protein powder do you use? I'm assuming it's a lean one. I'm on the hunt for a new brand... Thanks!!

Kelly said...

We're on a clean eating kick too and haven't found a protein powder that we can eat-- wanna share what you're using? The smoothie sounds delicious!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Awww cute pup pictures! And I love throwing spinach in my smoothies too - effortless veggie eating!

Amy {Fresh and Fancy} said...

I've been making green monster smoothies too! I got on the kick a few weeks ago - my recipe is a little different - but can't taste the spinach at all - they are amazing!

Kenj said...

I see these green smoothies everywhere, I need to try them!

Sierra said...

That smoothie sounds so delicious and your pups are so so cute!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

I just to make such a smoothie and now I don't. Thank to you I may even start making it again...it is indeed one of the yummiest drinks!!!! And healthy!

Juliana said...

Cuteness!

lg2006 said...

I am totally trying that smoothie! Thanks!

lg2006 said...

I am totally trying that smoothie! Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails



Harley the Yorkie

Willis the Lhasa Apso mut

Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Popular Deals


Search Seattle Smith's