Friday, December 9, 2011

Thailand: Day 12

I woke up most mornings and would get some quiet time in prior to Gabe 
joining me at the pool.  I thought it was cute he documented the resort/me!


Ahhh the vacation life ... How could this ever get old.



AND, I had to document the spring roll gals that I mentioned in my last post.  This was their "stand" on the sand, rain or shine ... they were there.  It was the most fabulous spring roll I've ever eaten, and we supported them three days in a row for lunch as it was the perfect lunch snack after a big breakfast.  I am a super picky eater and meats gross me out, so it really was the perfect fix for me.  They also made a tasty salad with all fresh veggies and a spicy dressing.  Delicious!!!


Then we worked it off with a long ride in the double kayak - although, I must say my husband didn't appreciate my kayaking skills.  He said I made it more frustrating and requested I just sit there in the middle of sea and enjoy the sights.  Haha, really Gabe!?!


The beginning of this makes me smile with us saying "hey" same pitch and all, and then I may make you sick trying to figure out how to kayak while videoing.  I mastered it later, but this one ended up being my fav!


Then our afternoon daily massage:  these Thai gals loved Gabe ;)

and we went back to our room TO FIND a package with our name on it.  Our SUITS (yay yay) delivered as promised, such a relief.  We will be using Thai Tailor for years to come as they really did an exceptional job and exceeded our expectations.  Sure hope my weight doesn't fluctuate, ever, as they only have the current measurements on file.


Swanky little outdoor bar with swings I loved

Nom nom nom - The Thai food never got old

and our night ended watching the stars ....

If only I had a trust fund and could quit my job and escape to the other side of the world, just to travel from country to country.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that your vacations posts have totally changed the way I thought about traveling to Thailand. I've never been remotely interesting in an Asian vacation of any kind, but after seeing your pictures and hearing your stories I am starting to change my mind! I'm not nearly as adventurous when it comes to the food though...I'd have to work up to that!

Carolyn said...

It looks like so much fun!!!!! :)

Nellie said...

I've always wanted to go to Vietnam, but I think you've sealed the deal for Thailand! Your pictures are beautiful! I definitely want to take a very extensive trip to SE Asia now.

emily said...

I hate to admit, but I've never eaten Thai food. However, after seeing all the yummy looking food from your trip I may just have to try some!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Great pics Kelsey! LOVE how the Thai girl is standing on her tippy-toes to rub his shoulders!! ;) LOL

Mel said...

I have to agree with Hannah completely. I never thought that I would like to go to Asia but your pictures and documentary have been ah-maz-ing. Kudos to you and all of the research that you did beforehand to plan out such a trip. And also to wing it a little bit too (exhibit A - paying for suits and trusting that they would arrive at your next destination!).
Thanks for allowing us to share in your journey. Would you be able to give a rough ballpark idea of the cost of the trip> some of the resorts look so incredibly exotic!!!

Bobbi said...

Great photos and videos! I too like the in unison "hey" shout out!

Arielle said...

So much fun!! It looks gorgeous there! :-)

Aline said...

wow, how incredible!

Amanda @ New Adventures said...

This looks so amazing Kelsey! The hubs and I need to start planning our world travels :)

Dana said...

It looks so beautiful there!

Haley Nicodemus said...

Yay - glad the suits made it! Whew!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I am so with you - lets find a job where we can do nothing but travel around the world and take pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails



Harley the Yorkie

Willis the Lhasa Apso mut

Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Popular Deals


Search Seattle Smith's